Hello all Glamorites!
Been a busy weekend with activities so haven’t had a chance to post anything! I found this new recipe for a quinoa lettuce salad, at first I thought it wouldn’t be filling enough but I was sure full after eating it. Give it a try and give a healthy fresh start to your week!
xx Glamour Planner
The Zen Quinoa Bowl
- 6 egg whites (or 100g extra firm tofu)
- ½ cup chopped broccolini or broccoli
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup kale, torn into pieces
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, halved
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup deli sprouts or micro-greens
- Heat a wok or saucepan at medium to high heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the spices and salt and pepper.
- When the wok/pan is nice and hot add in broccolini, carrot, and mushrooms and a splash of water, cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetable become tender.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in the kale and cherry tomatoes and spice mix, continue sauteing until the kale is wilted, add little splashes of water as needed so the vegetables do not stick or burn.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime and pour in the egg whites. Allow the egg whites to sit for a minute until they begin to cook through, then scramble them together with the vegetables. (If you are using tofu just scramble with the vegetables until the tofu begins to brown slightly or heats through).
- Once the eggs are cooked fully, transfer the mixture to a bowl with lettuce and on top the quinoa.
- Top the vegetable mixture with sliced avocado and sprouts, and garnish with another squeeze of lime and some additional salt and pepper if preferred.