Hello all Glamourites,
It’s FOOD FRIDAY! So naturally what is better than Summer and refreshing foods to go with it?! These three recipes are perfect for anytime in the summer for a BBQ, an afternoon at the beach or for picnic treats. Hope everyone is having a fabulous start to their weekend and will find some time to try out these summer inspired foods!
xx Glamour Planner
How amazing do these look! Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes, a delicious combo of both a drink and dessert! Plus the pretty pink colour is adorable for afternoon drinks or a picnic with the girls. Check out the full recipe here: http://www.stylemepretty.com/living/2013/06/21/strawberry-margarita-cupcakes/
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
2 Hour/s 30 Minute/s
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup oil
- Lime zest of one lime
- 2-3tbs orange liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 sticks butter (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Juice of one lime
- 2-3 Tbsp. Tequila
- Pink food coloring
- Sliced lime & zest for garnish
- For your cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes until thoroughly blended. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pan and fill each cup ¾ full with cake mixture. Bake for 18 mins. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For your frosting, mix the egg whites and sugar in a standing mixer on high for 7-15 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the mixer to a low speed and add in the butter, strawberry preserves, lime juice, tequila, and food coloring. This will turn the frosting somewhat soupy and separated, but it will come back together after mixing again.
- Turn the mixer back up to high and mix for another 3-8 minutes, until icing is fluffy and somewhat stiff. If you’re still having trouble, try putting it in the fridge for 10 mins and then mixing again.
- Frost the cupcakes with a large round tip and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Garnish with a slice of lime and a sprinkle of zest. For a little extra kick, you can sprinkle on some sea salt.
Lobster Avocado Salad
This salad just looks like summer, the fresh colours of the lobster and avocado make it almost too good to eat!
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ lemon (juice and zest if you like)
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Pina Colada Popsicles
These homemade popsicles are just what you need on a hot day under the sun to cool down and enjoy a tasty treat….also it’s health friendly!
Blend and freeze the following ingredients (don’t forget the sticks!): ~Makes 6 servings~
- 1 can Pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1 Banana
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Calories: 117 per pop