Well I enjoyed putting together my first “Delicious Heels” edition the other day so I wanted to give it another try! I made this recipe yesterday morning for breakfast and it was most definitely delicious! I would recommend you all give it a go whether just for yourself or if you’re planning a brunch with the ladies. It was very straightforward, fairly healthy and the perfect little breakfast item. Let me know what your favourite breakfast recipe is.
xx Glamour Planner
DELICIOUS HEELS~ Blueberry Crumble Muffin with Stiletto Blue Heels
Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned blueberries (I used fresh berries)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (I added this in for my own taste!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tin by lining the cups with paper muffin/cupcake cups and/or lightly spraying with a non-stick cooking spray (I do both).
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, oil, and egg until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until a batter just forms (it will be lumpy). Gently fold in the blueberries using a large rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter even among the 12 muffin cups (a scant 1/4 cup of batter in each).
- Prepare the crumble: use a fork, pasty cutter, or your hands to “smush” together the flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon into a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before unwrapping.