Lately I have been trying to find extra ways to keep myself nice and cool with the heat of summer. Although don’t get me wrong I LOVE the heat! This recipe I found I must give credit to the Broken Bread blog at http://the-broken-bread.com but I have tried my own spin on it and you can use other fruit or ingredients you have around the house. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine xx Glamour Planner
~ Yields 5 Cups ~
· A Handful of Strawberries ~ about 7, plus a few extra for garnish
· 5 Tablespoons Raw Honey
· 2 Tablespoons Dried Lavender
· 1/2 Cup of Lemon Juice ~ about 6 lemons
· 5 Cups of Water
1. Mix water and honey into a sauce pan and bring to a boil, and stir until the honey dissolves.
2. Once the water is boiling add in 2 tablespoons of dried lavender and remove from heat.
3. With the lid on, let the lavender steep for about 10-15 minutes.
4. While the lavender is steeping, place strawberries in a food processor/blender and puree till smooth.
5. Combine the lemon juice and strawberry puree into pitcher.
6. Pour hot water through a mesh strainer into the strawberry and lemon mixture.
7. Let lemonade chill for up to 2 hours before serving, or until cold.
8. Drink up!