I thought I would help you get through the Monday blues today by giving you some fun ideas you can put to use tomorrow for St. Patrick’s Day! I know it’s a Tuesday tomorrow but you can still have some fun by dressing in all green or bake green food to make the day special. Bring some special treats to work or have some friends over for some Shamrock punch and gold chocolate! Check out the pictures for details…
xx Glamour Planner
How cleaver is this dessert – you use a cookie for the base then add a marshmallow and dip it all in chocolate! Check out The Cake Blog for original directions.
Start your St. Patrick’s Day off right with a Shamrock Spinach Quiche, mmmm
Make easy guest gifts or decorations by putting gold covered chocolate in a jar!
For your party punch put Lime Ice Cream in a bowl and pour Ginger Ale over for a delicious drink ~ you can customize with other sodas or include alcohol.
A simple dessert is buying mint Oreos, covering them in melted chocolate with a green icing drizzle over. Thanks Vanessa for the idea!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I have some exciting news to share, my extremely talented and beautiful Mother started her very own blog!! She has taught me everything I know today and is the reason for my love of events, fashion and much, much more. I hope you can take a look at her site and continue to follow her journey as she adds more at Any Excuse for a Party! xx Glamour Planner
Hello all Glamourites,
It’s FOOD FRIDAY! So naturally what is better than Summer and refreshing foods to go with it?! These three recipes are perfect for anytime in the summer for a BBQ, an afternoon at the beach or for picnic treats. Hope everyone is having a fabulous start to their weekend and will find some time to try out these summer inspired foods!
xx Glamour Planner
How amazing do these look! Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes, a delicious combo of both a drink and dessert! Plus the pretty pink colour is adorable for afternoon drinks or a picnic with the girls. Check out the full recipe here: http://www.stylemepretty.com/living/2013/06/21/strawberry-margarita-cupcakes/
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
2 Hour/s 30 Minute/s
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup oil
- Lime zest of one lime
- 2-3tbs orange liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 sticks butter (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Juice of one lime
- 2-3 Tbsp. Tequila
- Pink food coloring
- Sliced lime & zest for garnish
- For your cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes until thoroughly blended. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pan and fill each cup ¾ full with cake mixture. Bake for 18 mins. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For your frosting, mix the egg whites and sugar in a standing mixer on high for 7-15 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the mixer to a low speed and add in the butter, strawberry preserves, lime juice, tequila, and food coloring. This will turn the frosting somewhat soupy and separated, but it will come back together after mixing again.
- Turn the mixer back up to high and mix for another 3-8 minutes, until icing is fluffy and somewhat stiff. If you’re still having trouble, try putting it in the fridge for 10 mins and then mixing again.
- Frost the cupcakes with a large round tip and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Garnish with a slice of lime and a sprinkle of zest. For a little extra kick, you can sprinkle on some sea salt.
Lobster Avocado Salad
This salad just looks like summer, the fresh colours of the lobster and avocado make it almost too good to eat!
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ lemon (juice and zest if you like)
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pre-cooked Lobster
- Red onion
- Parmesan Cheese
Pina Colada Popsicles
These homemade popsicles are just what you need on a hot day under the sun to cool down and enjoy a tasty treat….also it’s health friendly!
Blend and freeze the following ingredients (don’t forget the sticks!): ~Makes 6 servings~
- 1 can Pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1 Banana
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Calories: 117 per pop
My name is Ashley and I have started this blog to share my interests and hopefully inspire a few of you out there to try something new ideas I post. My biggest love is planning, I love planning anything: a dinner party, an afternoon tea, a movie night, a “just-because” party, surprise parties, and the list goes on. I also enjoy food, well more than enjoy, I adore food! I take pictures of almost everything I eat and am always trying to scout out the next best recipes, so I will be showing some of my newest food trials as well as ones that I hope to try. Fashion is another one of my passions; I never leave the house in sweatpants and usually change my outfit at least twice before deciding what to wear. And I always trying to find an excuse to go shopping! I will write about some of my latest finds or deals and pieces that I would love to own or be able to afford one day. And finally, I want to share with you my interest for design, so you’ll find me posting decor and architecture that catch my eye. Sometimes just adding a bit of colour or a new item to a room is all you need to mix things up a little.
Here are some pictures that reflect my style and taste!
Stay glam xx Glamour Planner
Love the simplicity of the black, white and gold plus the accessories!
This feather skirt is too cute and the shoes are to die for!
This space completely describes my style, dramatic, bold and classic.
In love with the grand feeling of this space as well as the soft curtains.
The organization and decor is just picture perfect here.
CHOCOLATE. Another top love for me…plus any sweet dessert!
This raspberry mint champagne cocktail just looks pretty without taking a sip.